Re: [pyrnet] Pyr eyes (now dwarfism)

In a message dated 12/22/00 2:20:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, Pyrstaf@aol.com
writes:

The good of the breed would be well served by a larger dose of breeder
honesty and forthrightness, and less finger-pointing and sensationalism
about
a defect that we could be on the edge of getting a DNA test for, if only
people had the courage to participate in the research.

You have no problem with me there.  On the other hand there are those that I
have been told that wanted their dogs included and the dog died and no one
ever bothered to take them up on it before.  I am told Carolyn Hardy actually
froze seamen for DNA analysis on her dwarf and it was never used and is now
lost as the storage was stoped.

My percetion is there are pleanty of people who are litereally begging to
participate but are frustrated in a major way by the process or lack there
of.  This is heresay, but I hear it a lot and others do as well.

I asked the question one time before and was ignored, gut will try again.
How many DNA samples have been collected and submitted to date?  What is the
time frame for completion of the study?

Joe

Joe