Re: [pyrnet] Articles on dwarfism--Sande and Bingel

In a message dated 12/25/00 1:00:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

.  Dr. Sande is at the School of
*Veterinary* Medicine at Washington *State* University.  The human medical
school is indeed at U of Wa. which is in Seattle, completely across the
state from WSU.

Yes, you are right, the other investigator, Dr Bingel was from School of
Medicine, University of Washington.

<<.  What I find are a lot of nearly incomprehensible words
(especially for the lay person) and a lot of very scientific references,
but nowhere in all of this do I find any suggestion of "crippling" etc.
Yes, the word "deformity" is used but that simply means a deviation from
normal.>>

Yes, that is the danger of interpreting this information to a group.  The
words have meaning.  It shows and identifies significant radiographic
evidence of Cervical Vertebral problems and the attachment to shortened ribs
(amoung several other meaningful things).

<<Are you kidding?? !!  Hardly the stuff of "scientific" papers.  This was
said in a personal conversation.  Hearsay, I admit but in one case it was
said to a friend of mine (whose veracity I never question) and she was so
horrified that she called me nearly as soon as she had hung up from talking
to Dr Sande.  >>

Since we are using his expertise as some validation of the nature of the
"just cute little dogs", lets email him and have him tell us what he thinks.
He might like to know what information is being said as being from him in his
capacity as a researcher and investigator.  And if you will email me
privately, I would like to know who reported this conversation with him.  I
already have a pretty good idea, but would be interested to see if my idea is
correct.