Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

Hello Everyone
                                     I guess everyone can sense my
frustration over this.  Why take a decade or more to get past this problem,
when if everyone just pitched in to help, we could move on.       As I said.
I am willing to help.  I care nothing about background, pedigree or even if
it appears from mars.
                                    I know that the people who have these
pups are shocked and upset.  I know that they have a right to privacy.  But
what I'm saying is that there should be a way to submit pedigrees to
researchers to find out probabilities in existing breeding stock for
everyone.  For instance, on my little Beagle bitch Dolly I submited a
pedigree on her (unfortunately after one trned up-remember this was 12 yrs
later, had no reason to think they would turn up again) to ou club
geneticist.  She came back to me and told me that Dolly had a 20% probability
of producing a dwarf based on the known carriers in her pedigree.  What I did
not know is that I bred her directly to a dog sireing a number of them. So
even though the nearest carrier on her is in 4th generation, I managed to
pull this forward.   All I'm saying is that there must be a bette way to do
an intelligent breeding than the way we're going about things now.
Sharon Hodgdon