Re: [pyrnet] Major Snow!

Barb,

Boy, I wish I was as organized as you are!  The pea soup sounds great!  I
wish I were closer.  I'll have to dig through the cabinets and see if I
have any split peas anywhere.  I was thinking chili...

Well, I took them out in the snow (now at least 10 inches, measured on
top of the picnic table) and tried to take some pictures.  Hard to get
Anais (Pyr) in.  Ciaran (Wolfhound) was ready to come in after a little
while, standing at the door and barking.

I saw some ice balls clinging to their paws so I checked feet.  Both had
major ice balls that I pulled off with much objection, especially by
Anais.  Interesting that Ciaran had huge ice balls packed into his paws
between the pads, the size of an ice cube, almost like another pad.  He
cooperated in my removing them as they must have been very uncomfortable.
 Maybe that's why he was ready to come in.  Anais had no packed in ice
like that in her paws, just groups of small ice balls clinging to the
hair around her ankles, near her dew claws and a couple of small ice
balls between her toes.   Her feet are much less tight than his are.  I
wonder if Pyrs feet are "made" to handle the snow better or if it's just
her?

Stephanie, Anais & Ciaran