Re: [pyrnet] Dwarf/dwarf breedings.

In a message dated 12/30/00 10:38:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

Not that I know and I'm not sure that it has even been tried.  For so long
they have been euthanized and/or kept "in the attic", so it was difficult
to find them.

Dr Sande and Bingel (sp?) in their study on Pyrs tried and failed.  They
found viable sperm, but were not able to effect conception.

<<I think (my judgement only) that it might not be all that difficult to
convince the Board that such a breeding needed to be done.  But it would
take a careful approach, especially in light of the current "battle". (no,
I do not wish to discuss that !!!)>>

I would hope that before one involved the Board that they presented the best
information available i.e. the attempt by Dr. Sande et all, with their
subsequent failure.

I hate to continue to sound like a broken record, but somewhere along the way
we might pay more attention to what little best available "fact" we have at
our disposal and put all the other into its proper place as far as relevance.
 IMHO, most of it is anecdotal and what folks think it appears to me.

Joe