Re: [pyrnet] neighbors.

Sherri, that is exactly what we hear in Texas. " I didn't move to the
county to confine my dogs" , well the other part of the  philosophy that
gets neglected is " that running dogs get shot".  It is ok when people
only think of themselves, but sooner or later the innocent animals gets
it because people are so into the "me" that they forget the "us".  To
live in a polite society we must respect others. Especially since the
population is growing in leaps and bounds!   More appropriately, these
people are too lazy to look after their own.  We see it with kids, (
don't even get me started on the mailbox situation ) and we see it with
the animals.  I have a horse that lost an eye due to running dogs, and
countless chickens killed, even though they are confined.  We keep ours
contained, and yet roaming dogs  still can get in and kill!  People go on
and on about Coyotes, and yet any damage to our property and stock has
always been due to running dogs.

We live on almost 35 acres, with the surrounding land fast going into 2-5
acre tracts.  It still does not give people the room to fire off guns, or
allow their dogs to run.  Like you, I am fed up with strange dogs
urinating all over our place, and our dogs going nuts when we let them
out in the morning.  Not to mention any diseases that may be passed.  My
males continue to squat from being neutered early.  Nothing like working
in your flower beds or pulling weeds to come up with a hand smelling of
urine because some neighbors dog had to lift his leg and mark our place,
but not his own!  Also, like you, our neighbors don't want their "dang
dogs"  in the house, so we listen to incessant barking.  Come spring when
we would like to leave windows open at night, we can't.  Ours,laying in
our bedroom, go ballistic if they hear the barking through open windows.
People have become selfish and rude and care little about the other
person, they make another persons life miserable, rather than treat them
with respect.  They don't have to be unkind to their own dogs, but they
will out of spite, and laziness.  I love the animals as I say, but I am
fed up with people who have forgotten the courtesy of treating their
neighbors and their animals with respect.
People who really love their dogs, look after them!

I'll get off my soap box now! :-)    Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka