Re: [pyrnet] Working Show Dogs

Robyn, thats gone on for a long time, probably less in the dog ring than
in livestock.  Angus cattle are spray painted black, shaved to cover
flaws.  The Holsteins in Hoards Dairyman magazine have everything from
mud packed on their top line, to whipped cream ( white area ), hair
attachments ( tails ), for sales photos.

 A lot of dog grooming at the best of times is meant to cover weak areas.
 The perfect color on the dog you liked may be nothing more than a good
coating of white powder.  One of the reasons we do have to compete under
different judges.  Now I agree that there is a lot of stuff that goes on
with judging, including judges putting up dogs under pro-handlers ( when
owner handled dogs get it it makes the win sweeter ).  But we all do show
dogs knowing how it works, right down to a dog that has never won a point
in a year of showing goes to a 3 day show with majors, and completes it's
championship in three days?  And we are not going to believe that the big
money that suddenly took over the dog, didn't buy that three day event?
I love dog shows, but I have always said the best
dogs in any breed are not necessarily the ones in the show ring.  Showing
is just something people do!  IMO
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com