Re: [pyrnet] Pet Store Loved One

In a message dated 1/12/01 8:59:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, M3A4E5@aol.com
writes:

There is no "ONE CORRECT ANSWER" to this question. It is truly a dichotomy.
The reality is that The good people who choose to patronize the pet stores
ENABLE them to reap the financial rewards that keep their business
profitable!!!

Yes, and they count on us being big hearted saps that will play right into
their hands.  Do not think for a moment that you when you buy one of these
that you are helping any suffering, except maybe one out of hundreds of
thousands.  The suffering to your dog has already occured and there are
thousands (probably many more than this) "in the pipeline" waiting for the
next sap to buy and perputuate their business.  Our first was pet store given
to us by a relative, so I know what I speak.  Nothing has changed much over
past 28 years except the price.

Joe