Re: [pyrnet] Working Show Dogs, was pet store puppies

Bonnie, I have found Danes to be very tender hearted and desperate to
please, so you story of Jessie doesn't surprise me.  Sometimes I think it
is worse for the big guys, because so many ( sorry to say, a lot of men
) seem to want to dominate them into submission, and get some real power
kick out of it.  The joke is, most of the giant breeds are just "lovers",
they don't walk around "throwing their weight around" because they never
have to.  Seems like we hear so many of these awful stories, don't we?

Another list had some guy that  kicked and stomped a Basset youngster to
death because the pup had a potty accident.  Then we find out that the
guy works in some capacity with children?  There's a scary thought!

I'm glad Jessie at least had some time with you folks to off set what
went before in her life.  :-)      Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka