[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010118

> What's the best way to introduce these new 'house mates'?  Thus far it seems
> most people recommend keeping the puppy crated for the initial sniffing, then
> let the puppy into the kitchen (confined by baby gates) and let everyone get
> used to each other over a couple of days by sniffing through the gates. Does
> this seem reasonable?  Any other ideas?

I think that's the best way to do it. But don't worry! The Pyr temperament
is great with small animals. My pyr and one of my cats are inseparable!
(Usually you will see Grace with Mikey sticking his head out between her
legs) They eat (that's a treat, both of 'em eating dog food) and sleep
together (although don't play). The other cat has decided he doesn't want
anything to do with the big dog so he stays outta reach.
It's my Corgi that's causes problems.
Roger Poole
rpoole@wh2p.com