Re: [pyrnet] Fw: shelters

Linda, Frankly, in my opinion yes.  I know the argument is that only poor
quality breeders will be left to breed, and they won't stop.  I
understand the problem and the conflict that goes with this.  The problem
is, not everyone buys pups at the high dollar end anyway.  I am not
arguing why the prices are that way, I understand the costs involved with
tests used to produce only quality.
Unfortunately there are too many people who pay $800. for a dog, and then
feel that it is their absolute right to recoup their expenses and breed
more dogs for less.  The only ones left to care about how many dogs are
in rescue are the people who really care to begin with.  Someone needs to
cut down on the number of pups produced, when too many are showing up in
rescue.  Sadly it may be the ones who care the most.  Granted, most good
breeders take their own dogs back, being the responsible breeders they
are.  Unfortunately not everyone who buys a pup, even from a good
breeder, is going to become that type of breeder.  Maybe more dogs need
to be going out on spay/neuter contracts ( or done early? ), with less
intent of turning every dog purchaser into a breeder.  At any rate,
cutting back on population needs to start somewhere, and I think watching
the rescues in any given area is just being responsible.  IMO  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka