Re: [pyrnet] Fw: shelters

In a message dated 1/23/01 11:25:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@home.com writes:

And I
will tell you that my buyers, all of them waiting, some first timers, some
repeats, would not take a rescue dog and would not go anywhere else unless
I referred them.

Yes, and I have people waiting for years, (yes, years) for that combination
of breeding.  That of course would not be available in any rescue dog.  My
breeding has nothing to do with selling puppies, but sometimes out of
necessity it has a lot to do with how the pups that we do not keep are
handled.  I take care of my own, hopefully, if all parties do as they agree
when they take their pup.  I also handle those other dogs who were bred by
others, so I have no problem with what I do.  If every breeder did as I do
and many other breeders do, we would not have a rescue problem.  I also
average less than one litter per year over the past 20 years.  I am not
unusual, there are quite a few others like me and even more particular than
I.

Joe