Re: [pyrnet] Shelters and Breeders (was: shelters)

On 25 Jan 2001, at 11:47, darrell goolsbee wrote:
> BTW, as long as they treat their dogs well (which many don't), I'm not
> going to condemn the farm breeders or say what they're doing is
> "wrong." But they come from a completely different mind-set than we
> do, and there is, from my experience, little or no common ground to
> reach. Perhaps if I were a farmer or an LGD breeder, I might think at
> least somewhat differently *g*.

Darrell's right.  I grew up in that environment.  There is a completely
different mindset.  Good luck on reaching them.  You may reach a
few but the vast majority.  A lot of them are not out showing
livestock.  It's the same, it's divided, the ones that show versus the
ones that don't.  Their livestock is a cash crop and so are the pyrs.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices
Hutto, TX