Re: [pyrnet] LGD breeders

In a message dated 1/31/01 11:03:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
clhenke@juno.com writes:

<< The problems for Pyrs. will be if too many breed in an indiscriminate
 manor without knowledge of breeding or the original design that these
 dogs were created for.  I can only hope that they never become too
 popular.
 IMO  Cindy

I agree partially with that premise: I believe that The Biggest Danger to the
future of Pyrs comes from the whims of some AKC Show JUDGES, and Any Show
Breeder who decides to go along with those whims and breeds specifically for
their preferences as opposed to breeding strictly for the standard. One
example of that has been discussed recently, and that is COATS that show
better but are not standard coats. What are your feelings on that?

Terry