Re: Re: [pyrnet] PYR HARASSMENT

this world is turning into a big ball of stupidity.
alli
----- Original Message -----
From: <merrirfav@icehouse.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 6:55 PM
Subject: re: Re: [pyrnet] PYR HARASSMENT

> Hi,
>
> I know no one wants to hear about liabilities, and that the victim has the
right to prosecute you if they get injured while trespassing. I was told
that if you put up signs like beware of dog, or some fact similar to that.
You the dog owner are announcing that your dog can be dangerous; therefore,
admitting that your dog is capable of harming. This admission gives
violators a challenge, so they want to harass your dogs into a frenzy, and
if harm befalls the violators...they can sue for damages. They go to court
to see if they can collect some easy money, and who cares about scars. They
are vindicated by having your beloved pooch put down, and getting some money
to boot. I think that most of these incidences occur with older teens that
are board, and have time to waist in court.  As well as getting attention
from parents. (I was surprised to hear of the harassing, adult, male,
neighbor, of Elaine's).
> The advise that was given to me was put up the sign that says dog on
premises, and a no trespassing sign. The dog on premises sign only states
one fact that there is a dog on the premises, and nothing else. That and a
No Trespassing sign lets them draw their own conclusions. I can't believe
what the world has come to. It is awful! One of my friends that used to live
here in the neighborhood, but moved. Got sued! Her dog just lurched against
the fence, and out of nerves the boy fell against the fence, and injured
himself. The animal and child were still separated by the fence. The dog got
quarantine, and my friend/neighbor got a nice big bill. It just sickened me.
Anyway hope everyone takes heed. This was kinda long. I got on a
roll...sorry.