Re: [pyrnet] Question on Foods

<<Hi Tracy, I was pretty sure that you would respond to this. LOL >>

You know I just can't resist, Elaine ;-)

<<He had never had raw food before. I started out with a couple tablespoons
in his dry food instead of his cottage cheese.>>

Keeping it separate from the dry food may work better (eg one in morning and
one at night).  I don't know what was in the mixes you were feeding -
perhaps it was too high in fat or too much variety to begin with?  It is
usually suggested that people start out with one low-fat bland food -
chicken necks with no skin for example or chicken wings (either whole or
ground) and only feed that for the first week or so - adding other new
things in slowly in small quantity once things have 'settled'. Adding the
probiotics (eg yoghurt or a supplement) beforehand or at the same time can
also help.  Pumpkin is also good if things get a little 'soft' at first.

<<That I knew and did keep the new food up for 2 weeks. His stool was loose
and runny the whole time and he had a couple accidents in the house. That
was very unusual for him and that is when I decided to hold off at least
till I have a dog door.>>

Hmmm, the dog door sounds like a good idea - it usually doesn't keep up that
long when people do the things suggested above :-/.  Although every dog is
different.

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au