Re: [pyrnet] Question on Foods

Hi Tracy, I was pretty sure that you would respond to this. LOL

In a message dated 01/31/2001 10:18:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
espinay@dynamite.com.au writes:
<< Has he had any raw foods before and did you start by just feeding a small
 amount at first?  >>

He had never had raw food before. I started out with a couple tablespoons in
his dry food instead of his cottage cheese.

<< Another thing that can help is building up the good bacteria in his system
which are often depleted on a diet of heat processed food.  A probiotic
supplement or yoghurt with live cultures can help. >>

I did not try this.

<< And remember - many dogs seem to also have 'upsets' even when just changing
kibble brands. >>

That I knew and did keep the new food up for 2 weeks. His stool was loose and
runny the whole time and he had a couple accidents in the house. That was
very unusual for him and that is when I decided to hold off at least till I
have a dog door.

Thanks,
Elaine