Re: [pyrnet] PYR HARASSMENT

Bonnie Where do you live?I know in Ny that Pit Bulls Akita and Rotts are considered  high risk and people either pay through the nose for insurance for having these breeds and in some cases will get rid of there dogs because the insurance is so high.We recently had to update our home owners insurance and they came to the house .My prys barked but welcomed the insurance women .She put down that we had 2 pyrs that were freindly,.I'm sure we pay more for having dogs .If I were you I would check out a few more insurances companys that have a better attitude .Your right not only is this a form of harassment but discrimination.Bye
                Peggy,Shadow,Noel

----- Original Message -----
From: closetothesky@webtv.net
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 12:09 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] PYR HARASSMENT

Hi Allison,  We had an interesting thing happen since we moved in the
country. A man came to the door one day and because Bear (lg. mutt) is
not always friendly to strangers my husband went out to see who was
here. He said to the stranger innocently enough " he didn't bite you did
he?" Now this was more in jest than anything else but the man said no
and my husband brought Bear in the house. A week later I got the mail
and found that our homeowners insurance had been cancelled so I got
right on the phone and found out that the man who had come to our house
was an insurance guy. He was here I guess to check the square footage
and the roof etc. Bear never even went near this man but they cancelled
our insurance due to what my husband had said--they would reinstate it
if we took a no dog coverage policy--needless to say we could not be
without in the interim so we had to agree. All this time Sophie, our big
female Pyr was wandering in the field out back and never even paid any
attention other than a warning bark, she never did check him out , I
suppose because my husband was out there--to me this is a different kind
of harassment, after all we live on a ridge top with no close neighbors
and actually what is  a farm without a dog. Sorry this is so
long---Bonnie

BE HAPPY!!!!!

unsubscribe pyrnet-l
as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is ignored.