Re: [pyrnet] Breed Education (was: Newspaper pet prices)

> What is really sad is there are people out there stupid enough to buy
them.
> Especially if she sells them while they are young and cute.
> This person needs to be approached nicely with the numbers of dogs being
> euthanized each year and how a simple spay neuter deposit could save
> thousands of puppies and dogs from this fate.  It is worth a try.

I wish it was as easy as that.  The woman in metion turned into one of the
biggest puppy millers of Pyrs here in the upstate.  At one point, she even
had rescues, that she was supposed to be having spayed and placed in
permanent homes, that she bred!  My friend and I did try to approach her
last summer about this situation, but she "knew better" of the
circumstances than we did, so there was no getting through to her.  Last I
heard, she is no longer breeding Pyrs, because "it was too much work".
Just goes to show how much good she has been doing for the breed :-(

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees