Re: [pyrnet] Re: Parades

> Having a parade is an awesome lot of fun...

> The only problem we have encountered is the basic logistics of
> getting all the dogs and owners from the ending point back to their
cars at the
> starting point.  Traffic is always a mess and you can only cram so many
Pyrs
> into any one vehicle!

Our Irish Wolfhound club has participated in the St. Patrick's Day parade
for years.
What we do is leave the dogs with enough handlers to keep them at the
beginning of the parade and a driver drives each car to the end of the
parade where someone with a van brings all of the drivers back to meet up
with their dogs at the beginning of the parade.  Dogs don't need to be
squeezed in together in a few cars and everybody's car is there waiting
for them at the end of the parade.  I guess the van driver ends up having
to walk the length of the parade, but he's a really nice guy and has done
it for years (or maybe someone ride back at the end, I'm not sure.)  It
has worked really well for us for years.

Stephanie, Anais (Pyr) and Ciaran (Wolfhound)