[pyrnet] hip dysplasia

Hello,
I've enjoyed lurking on this site for some time and have learned a lot.  Now
I am prompted to email after having returned from my vet with my 2 year old
rescue pyr who has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia.   We are doing
Adequan, glucosamine, and rimadyl as needed.   The right hip ball is almost
a third of the way out of the socket.   This dog is also deaf which makes me
wonder if she is doomed to a short life due to other possible congenital
problems that just have not surfaced yet.   The vet says at such a young age
that her prognosis is not good although he says each dog takes a different
course with medical management.  Some do better than others.    The mention
of hip replacement down the road might be an option but also carries risks.
Has anyone had this surgery done???   Can anyone relay any info that might
be helpful for me and Lily???   She is such a lovely dog and I am very
attached to her.   I want her to be as comfortable as possible.       PAM