Re: [pyrnet] Re: Pigment change

> I do not know why this
> only happens to some dogs. It may be that they are already
> genetically predisposed to pigment loss, ot it may have something
> to do with the chemicals and/or minerals contained in the water
> or in the food that haelps to break down the plastic. When it
> happened to Bo, I just chalked it up to his being all white. But
> when I saw it happening to a 3 year old spayed bitch that was
> marked, and had some of the best pigment I've seen in many a
> year, it made a believer out of me!

"Snow Nose" is also attributed to the shorter winter days and lack of
sunshine.  Once the days are longer the pigment comes back. Cindy, as
an experiment, start using metal bowls and see if it happens next
year!  I quit using plastic dog bowls several years ago, but have
never had a problem either.  I do have one old gal with poor pigment,
but noticed no change when switching from plastic to stainless
steele.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico