re: Re: Re: [pyrnet] Cheat Grass

> We go out even in the snow up to our ... We have many parks here and Cody
> lives for his hike just about ever weekend come ran or shine. Between the
> various weeds and seeds he picks up I have managed to plant some very nice
> wild flowers. Just wait till you get milk weed on them with burrs,you talk
> about a pain in the butt to clean. Believe it or not our biggest worry is
> not the bugs and plants but river shale. Cuts like razors, had to get Codys
> foot fixed a couple times. He now wears hiking boots with his back pack and
> bandanna he looks COOL..  We make it a weekly chore to brush, flush, trim,
> check and cut nails as needed and bath after a dip in the river as one year
> we had a bad time with leeches and my wife draws the line at removing them.
> I remember a few years back when she had to do both Cody and I between
> having here head over the toilet. Be happy Pyrs ears are down I have had
> some breeds that had there ears up and had a heck of a time keeping them
> clean. Don't put cotton in ears as it might fall down inside. Just about all
> you can do is flush his ears each time you come back. Be careful as to what
> you flush with and keep and eye out for dry ear. I use "mineral oil" and
> "distilled water."
> DanR.
> Cody&Kira&Sassy
>

>  o( He has cheet grass in his ears.
>  Oops, didn't spell it right. Cheat grass is more of a weed than a grass in
> my opinion. I chokes out healthy vegetation. When it dries. It dries into
> stickery, pointy, little v shaped seedlets. They kinda look like wheat. They
> poke where ever they end up on you. I will send you a information link.

Wow! Thanks! we do a monthly ear cleaning, but not after every hike I will try that next hike. Will flushing his ears bring the cheat grass up and out because the cheat is dry.
I haven't ever gotten anything out of his ears except the normal gunk. Melvin ears are down too, and where ever Mel goes so does Emmett, but Em seems to be the one that always gets it. The way you described Cody in his boots and gear sounds too cute! I would love to see a pic of your Cody all dressed up and ready for a hike.
I was thinking about purchasing a new pack for Em. Do you have any recommendations? I think we need one with a lot more pockets.
Thanks again for the input.

Merri,
ICQ #73292947