Re: [pyrnet] CHAT, RESCUE: Liza comes to stay

Tracy, good luck with Liza!  She sounds like a girl who desperately
deserves good care and a loving home.  How on earth did anyone let her
get in that condition?  Stupid question on my part, seeing the things
that happen to these poor dogs.

We had one in Texas recently where someone stole a 9 mo. old Beagle/Doxie
mix ( real cutie ) out  of a yard, and gouged his eyes out.  As tragic as
it is, it got publicity, and the people are irate!  A large reward has
been posted, people poured money in for the dog to be cared for and the
surgery expenses.  These types almost never get caught unfortunately.
But the public is so outraged that there could be a Hanging in the town
square over it!  It makes the news, but never accounts for all the other
problems and pain visited on other animals by humans.
Either directly or indirectly due to lack of care.

I look at my own fluffy kids, and think of how uncomfortable poor Liza
must have been encased in a hard pack shell of a matted coat, with all
those things embedded in her.  I bet getting it off, and cleaned up, must
have made a tremendous difference to her already!

Let us know how she progresses!   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas