Re: [pyrnet] Feedback on Amimal Planet presentation on Pyrs?

> I don't think it is petty at all.  Animal Planet told the world they were
> drollers.  Now what will be important in the long run, our written
standard
> or the publics perception shaped by programs like this, backed up by a
huge
> group breeding incorrect type dogs?  BTW, does anyone have any idea how
many
> working breeders there are out there breeding Pyrs.  I have never heard a
> figure and I suspect no one knows.  That would pose the next question.
> Should we not have an idea how large this group is?

First we'd have to define "working breeders".  Here in SC there are quite a
few "working breeders", if you count all the farmers who happen to have a
pair of Pyrs and constantly produce puppies without concern for how they
are impacting the breed.  And yes, while any Pyr can drool, it's a loose
mouth that contributes to this, and a loose mouth is not part of the
standard of the breed.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Gr