Re: [pyrnet] Hypersialism (Drooling, Ptyalism) was Feedback

    It's listed under Alimentary Diseases in the Control of Canine Genetic Diseases book by George A. Padgett, DVM and says that the mode of inheritance is undetermined & the condition usually starts to appear under six months of age.  Most Pyrs I've seen drool at some time or another just usually not as much as the heavier headed breeds.  Normally, major drool, probably is caused by heavier heads with loose lips (in my opinion) but this is something to consider as well.

Chrissy
I wonder if this is considered a health problem?   I do not know any thing
about it but now you've got me wondering (vbg)!   As someone mentioned
earlier - alot of pyrs with heavy (st./newfie like heads) heads tend to
drool?   Ok now I am really confused - is it the shape of the head that
causes this or is it something else?  Or is it a combination?

Any answers?

Take care,
Dianne Migas - Jersey Shore
Steel Moment Great Pyrenees