Re: [pyrnet] Hypersialism (Drooling, Ptyalism) was Feedback

In a message dated 2/27/01 2:46:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

Don't confuse drooling with excessive salivating.  There is a difference.
The "looser" mouthed Pyrs will drool as has been said , the drool collects
in the loose flews but excessive saliavting could be a tooth problem, an
abcess or in one case a tumour.

Jan,

Thanks for the clarification.    I have seen heavier head pyrs who do more
than just drool.    I am talking that their owners are constantly wiping and
there's a constant string of saliva hanging out of their mouths - whether or
not it is hot.    Would that be considered just "drool"?

I just did not know if this Hypersialism was connected.   Meaning does it
only affect those with a heavier head?    Is there some connection?   I will
go home and read Dr. Padgett's book on the subject (heavy sigh was hoping not
too - vbg).

Take care,
Dianne Migas - Jersey Shore
Steel Moment Great Pyrenees