Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

> Shane, an interesting comment.  In the UK Pyrs can be shown
neutered/spayed
> and  there is a move afoot to allow this to happen in New Zealand where
the
> n/s would compete for separate Challenges. All this is in the planning
> process of course but we are all for it and this will increase numbers at
> shows and also give the folk who have had their dogs neutered/spayed (and
we
> all encourage that) a chance to have fun and to compete.   Not every show
> dog is bred from nor should be.  Yes showing is a chance to try and prove
> you have a good dog but it's also a "sport" and sports are to be enjoyed.
> There are  many good dogs outside of a show ing, it's just that other
people
> don't have the chance to see them.
>
> Get into the social side of things with your Pyrs and your children,
that's
> where the fun and learning comes from. Believe me having a 2X BIS
Allbreeds
> winner with a hip score of 4 (Excellent) does not bring people bashing my
> door down to use him and that suits us fine. We impt him for ourselves and
> we have done well with the progeny. If others can't see his attributes,
> their problem is all we can say. Most people are only prepared to see the
> downside but that's a lack of experience in any Breed.
>
> Jan Chaplin
Hi Jan I'm sorry to correct you but no dog in UK can be shown which has been
neutered or spayed.  Except in very specific circumstances for which a K.C.
certificate would  be required   Further, no  dog may be  exhibited which
has  been surgically altered  in any  way without K.C. permission. There are
very severe penalties for  exhibiters caught at this  trick.
Ian