Re: [pyrnet] Metro Atlanta Club pic?

In a message dated 2/27/01 7:41:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mapleway@iolinc.net writes:

Just wondered who the Pyr is on the first page of the Metro Atlanta Grt. Pyr
Club?

I do not know the dog, but wonder about it as well.  When you look at the
illustrated standard there is not much similarity between it and the head on
the dog pictured.  Now pictures can be misleading both in good and bad
aspects i.e. can make something look great when they are not and an angle can
make some look poor when they are actually very good.  No way to know for
sure, but if you look at the picture of the head, it appears to have a lot of
stop.  It appears to be rather flat on top and it appears to be a little
heavy in the muzzle.  From the right side, tip of the nose proceeding
posterity, the angles are pronounced and create planes.  The head appears
rather blocky.  The good Pyr head should be flowing motion with no harsh
angles.  I always think of the Pyr head as being "Feng Shui" in appearance.
The dog in the picture appears to have good eyes set well and nice ear set of
acceptable size.

The type dog I described can and does win easily under some judges.  I
realize I possibly offend someone and that is not my intention.  It may only
be the picture and not the dog so I speak only of the picture and what it
shows and not the dog itself.  I could have used a couple of my dogs to
illustrate this as well as they have the same problems that this picture has.

Joe