Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

      Joe:       I may have missed something on this in an earlier post,
but are you talking about a particular bone, or the overall shape of each
bone.  What are you referring to in "the oval bone is the long bone".  Just
interested after having seen several build types in pyrs.   Charlie

I don't know that its written anywhere.  Told to me by Seaver Smith.  They
learned it from Marjorie Butcher.  Sort of a verbal history info thing.
The
oval bone is the long bone and when you look at the dogs you can see who
has
it and who does not.  I was struck by its simplicity and relevance to the
breed.  I wish something like this had been written into the standard, it
might help.  The "Shepherds Crook" is also not mentioned is some standards.

It is in the newer standard adopted several years ago by GPCA, but not in
others.  Not sure it is in the French Standard, but knowledgeable breeders
look for it and like its presence.  Same with the shape of the bone.