Re: [pyrnet] oval bone....was Re: New and want info on showing

In a message dated 3/11/01 3:43:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bamb@monmouth.com writes:

Chrissy, the "bump" on the back of the head is called an occiput. "Smart
bump" as it were! ;-)

Probably technically called Occipital protuberance.  It is shire shaped.  You
see it clearly on dogs with the domed top skull as opposed to those  flat
headed dogs we see so much.  The French have a word that is not translated
well for it that I should look up and remember.  But the word is descriptive
of the top of the stained glass windows in Churches. You can imagine or go to
some web site that shows churches and their stained glass windows to see the
shape.  It is a type of spire shape.

Joe