Re: [pyrnet] Shepherds crook

In a message dated 3/11/01 3:58:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

What do you think Joe??

I am not sure about tail length. I will start looking now for sure.

I agree the shepherds crook with its lovely plumage in silhouette is lovely.
The tail I hate is the one carried of tight it is like a Samoyed.  The French
like to see it over and up and in midline.  I think the functional reason is
gives the shepherd another indicator of where the dog is as opposed to the
predator and the tail up high the dog can be located easier in the crowd in
dark and dusk.  The Shepherds crook I cannot imagine any functional reasons.
Can anyone else?  It is just a lovely anomaly I think we all like.

Joe