[pyrnet] Int Magazine article March 2001

Here is the article published in the Int magazine on page 31 for your information.

World Conference Steering Panel

At the recent World Conference held in Australia it was agreed that a Steering Panel be formed to provide a central point for PMD communication and to provide Breed Clubs around the World with an information exchange mechanism. The panel would then be in a position to recommend items for the next World Conference Agenda.

It is important to understand that this panel is a "steering panel" and the wish of the Conference is that the Panel should establish a democratic way of working.  Initially we require as many countries as possible to have input to this steering group and we would appeal for two individuals from each country, selected and approved by their Breed Clubs's to act as members/correspondents between the panel and clubs in their country.

One of the first duties of the panel will be to organise a deomcratic vote to establish where the next World Conference will be held after receiving "Bids/Tenders" from the Clubs or Countries that are willing to hold such an event and then to support that organisation to the next Conference.  At that event we would perceive that formal elections are in place for an effective committee to be elected and perpetuated with an agreed election procedure for the future.

As most of this inital work is being set up over the internet, potential members should have access to the net, language should not be a problem as we understand translator programs are available and these will be used where possible.

The Steering Panel has set up a webpage, the address is
http://www.geocities.com/pyrworld
please visit us as this will be our window to the World and details can be found of the current steering panel delegates.

R. Brown
Chairman World Steering Panel

The Steering Committee Members.

U.K. Keith Savage and Ian Spencer-Brown
USA Bob Brown and Ruth Marcy.
Australia,
        Eddy Van Eck and Rina Murray.
New Zealand,
        Ronda Trent and Jan Chaplin.

The Editor/Publishers on behalf of the PMDC/GB of the International Journal as follows

Mrs Joyce Stannard,
Sandycot,
Darite
Liskeard, Cornwall,PL145JS
England,
Te/Fax 01579 348860

The Int Magazine is published 4 times a year, March, June, Sept and Dec and the annual subscription is 10 pounds STG payable to PMDC GB.

This is a truely International Magazine for Pyr lovers worldwide.

I hope I have not left anything out of the article. This article will be circulated to other sites of Pyrenean interest and I am sure if you wish to further the circulation then you will  be able to.

Jan Chaplin New Zealand.

---