Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

   Do you mean the cover of the New Complete Great Pyrenees, published in
1991, updated from the 1977 version?  The dog on this cover is Ch. Ville
Vieux Le Roi, HOF (listed on back cover), breeder/owner Anne Major
Rappaport.  They do mention him on page 133 as a multiple Best In Show
winner along with his sire and grandsire.  He's in my Kayla's (Staranch
Maple Way Glori Be) 5th generation a few times.  He's pictured again on
page 254 with his sire Ch. Ville Vieux Yankee Sunshine, HOF who's sire (Ch.
Sunshine Of Karolaska, HOF/HOF) is pictured back on page 132 and 209.  I've
also always rather liked Ch. Ville Vieux Limberlost Berry.

   As for the painting, the one up top I like although maybe a touch short
muzzled, of course it's lying down.  The 1901, I've always thought
resembled a furry greyhound....in the head anyway.

   Where did you find H'Echez?  I do think K'Eros is a little heavy,
however, I believe it is Mary Crane stating on page 41 that he was of
"correct Pyrenees type, not carrying the faults" mentioned on page 40 of
coarse heads.

Chrissy

   You're correct, Le Roi is mentioned on the back cover. This is to me a
really striking dog. I've always leaned towards slightly larger built pyrs
like this one as long as they have a well balanced majestic look as he does.
Great choice for the cover. I do find the info on the painting really
interesting, and when I look at it now, I can see the could see how it could
be a collie. Really unusual that it found it's way into this book.
  I did remember in originally reading the book the comments on K'Eros, and
appreciate your pointing out the pages (I would have been too lazy to look
them up). Paul Strang certainly seems to consider him of correct type, and
head from his remarks. From reading Pauls remarks on page 41, he must have
been a very large dog overall, K'Eros is a beautiful dog, but his head does
look proportionally larger than the standard to me.    Charlie