Re: [pyrnet] Coats/Elaine

In a message dated 3/15/01 7:54:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, clhenke@juno.com
writes:

<< Little Kemo,
 the smallest of my girls, has a massive coat ( no, it is not any harder
 to groom however ), so how does everyone else do with male /female coats?
  :-)  Cindy

Last summer, when Jasper was eight months old and suffering from our hot New
England summer, we elected to have him trimmed/shaved. We did this with the
advice of our groomer (and against the advice of all the books) who is
herself an experienced Pyr owner. It worked out well and Jasper's coat came
back very quickly. His coat is still somewhat soft to the touch, but our
groomer feels that it is his adult coat. NOTE: Jasper does not like to have
his tail brushed/groomed. Does anyone else have a Pyr with a sensitive
tail????

Terry