Re: [pyrnet] St Patricks Day!, Begorrah!!!! !! Long

In a message dated 3/17/01 7:03:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, JGentzel@aol.com
writes:

<< Really super story.  Many of us 'Southerners' in the USA with roots way
back
 know about (have heard about) those Irish with Scottish accents.  Known as
 Scot Irish here, they were the working class >>

Many years ago, when we were still children, my father's younger brother
(Scot/Irish) sent away for a family coat of arms from a catalog. He supplied
the family lineage information, which goes back to The Civil war, (or The War
between The States, in deference to our Southern list members) along with a
hefty check, and received a beautiful IRISH coat of arms plaque, complete
with The Rickert family history from "The Other Side" to America. This plaque
was displayed prominently Over The Bar (appropriately) in my uncle's family
room. When my father's oldest brother saw it, he too wanted one for his bar.
My uncle sent another hefty check along with "THE SAME FAMILY LINEAGE"
information to the same catalog company. Surprise, Surprise!!!!  This time a
beautiful Scottish coat of arms arrived with the history of The Rickert
family from Scotland to America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY Saint Patrick's Day one and all.

Terence (Terry) Rickert