[pyrnet] Grooming question

Hi,

I recently joined the list and have been adopted by Sasha.  As I had
mentioned when I announced the adoption we have been Newfoundland owners in
the past.

 Part of our grooming routine with our Newfs was removing excess fur from
the paw pads and clipping the feathering about an inch or two above the paw
pads (to help cut down on the amount of leaf debris and mud that would
adhere).  Read a mention of prepping for the specialty show and the
inadvisability of trimming whiskers..........after imbibing.  Our Newfs also
had whisker trims done.  The other normal grooming routine with the Newfs
was using thinning shears on the ears and the area behind the ears.  Is this
also customary for Pyrs?

We, of course, have no intention of showing her............but would like
her to be at her most beautiful for her introduction to our family in
Wisconsin when we visit up there in a couple of weeks.

Any advise on bathing????  Other than wearing a Neoprene wet suit and
goggles?

Also understand the "potato chip" syndrome..........already considering
becoming foster parents to other Pyrs looking for homes...........once our
little girl is all settled in.

Caryl