[pyrnet] foot & mouth

I am feeling anger, sadness, helpless... I can't express what I am feeling
at this moment. The desease has reached the Netherlands now and they are
starting to destroy the farm animals, cattle, sheep, goats and more which
live at the farms which are proven to are infected.
But there is more, also farms in a certain radius situated near to these
infected animals are destroyed as precausion to prevent the desease to
spread further.

Thousands of animals already destroyed in England, hundreds or more in
France, how much now in the Netherlands ??? Pictures on the TV are terrible.

Shepherds in Germany are not allowed to move their herds from the spring
meadows to other places, they have no shelter to lamb, others which have
their animals in stables, lambing, can not move them out, there is no space
in the stables.

Dogbreeders who live in the neighbourhood of infected animals don't know yet
what will happen to their dogs.

Is'nt it unbelievable that whith all the modern evolution there is no
possibility to prevent this or fight it ??
It is possible to vaccinate against the desease, but then the animals are
worthless for consumption, so they don't vaccinate, they destroy, they burn
the animals.

I planned to go to the French National this year, but I don't, because I am
afraid that something will happen and maybe I can't take my Pyr back over
the border.

I always wanted to move from the small town where I live to a bigger place
in the country, for the first time I am happy that I live where I am right
now, no farms around, so no risk for my dogs.

Thanks for listening, I just had to vent my emotions.

Urs

Urs & Pyrs & Easy (GSD)
Ursa's Signum - Great Pyrenees
http://www.dutchpyr.com