Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

In a message dated 3/24/01 9:09:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kaiser4@gulftel.com writes:

<< What I want to know is ...
         Would having him neutered to prevent testicular cancer be as absurd
 as me cutting off my breast to prevent breast cancer?  What is the chance of
 him getting it if it's not in his bloodline?  Is he going to miss his
 "parts" and be depressed or what?  Is  >>

Hi Bridget:

Thank you for raising this question. I'll probably get attacked for my
opinion on this issue, but that is nothing new to me, so here goes. Unless
there is a direct, specific, diagnosed Probability of testicular cancer in
the blood line, I believe (as a male) that it is very cruel to mutilate ones
dog simply for the sake of ones own convenience. The people who are
constantly extolling the virtues of neutering their animals have their own
agendas. The QUALITY OF LIFE of their dog is definitely not one of them!!! My
stepmother raised and showed miniature poodles for many years. She is French
Canadian, and is not at all shy about voicing her opinion on this matter. She
is definitely against this procedure simply for convenience sake! By that I
mean that this procedure makes their lives easier, not the lives of their
dogs!!!!

People will now reply to my post and tell you how wrong I am. They will
attempt to obfuscate the real issue of "Quality Of Life" by citing
"specific"examples of unwanted dogs being born, etc.! These specific
examples, are the consequences of irresponsible/lazy owners!!! There are also
breeders who want everyone, except themselves, to neuter their animals, and
thereby corner the market on purebred dogs.

Sincerely;

Terry Rickert