Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

fact of the matter is, there are too many reasons why it is beneficial to
neuter/spay an animal.  the issue of not being "natural" and letting the dog
live its "natural" life and how it's a poor quality of life keeps coming up.
but these dogs/pets do not live a "natural" life as is, if you want to get
technical.  WE changed things for them and took them out of their natural
habitat.  nothing is "natural" for these dogs and hasn't been for a long
time.  being trained for good behavior, agility, showing, hospital and
nursing home visits, playing catch w/a ball, breeding, and flat out being a
pet is not the normal, natural, instinctive behavior.  but millions and
millions of people want them for pets, therefore we have converted them from
their natural habitat to what we want.....and that includes everyone, along
w/myself.  so, as a result, we need to take responsibility for them and our
actions, whether it be health reasons or problems, overpopulation due to
careless breeding or intentional breeding, caring for them on a plain old
"love" basis, etc.   this responsibility includes neutering.  WE have made
these dogs ours to care for, to love and to enjoy.  WE have made them pets,
working dogs, show dogs, etc.  WE have made them what they are today, even
those of us who are extremely responsible.  so to say that neutering makes
them loose their natural personality, or however you want to phrase it,
doesn't stick.  and, surgery is not mutilation.