Re: [pyrnet] rainy weather

One of the perks (or not) of living near the ocean I guess is all
the sand. Where we used to live, it was nothing but tree sand
(gray and dirty) and of course, there are the sand fleas. :-( We
had to either buy, or make our own topsoil. So, we started a
compost pile and made our own! And we bought chickens to control
the fleas! worked better than any pesticide, completely natural,
and we had fresh eggs every day! When we decided to sod the yard,
everyone told me it wouldn't work. Everyone else's sod had died
in a few months, even with constant watering. Well, being no
dummy, I found a place that grew their sod on sand, and bought it
from them. We had the greenest lawn for many years until we
decided to put on an addition to the house. Even our sod could
not withstand the stacks of lumber and delivery trucks running
all over it. <sigh> All that back breaking labor of laying the
sod, down the tubes.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com