[pyrnet] Re: Bonbelle

Joe

I did not mean to say that Bonbelle was/is not french to look at, of course she is, she is a Comte de Foix. But you will see pyrs in France that are even more different from the norm in Denmark than Bonbelle is.
I just took out the pictures I took that day to look at the one of Bonbelle,and I still find her a beautiful bitch.
But I can relate to what you say about showing a dog that is different, the same thing happened in Denmark, when some of us started having French dogs. The first pyrs of French breeding may not have been of the quality of Bonbelle, but the problem was their type, not so much their various faults and short comings - their good points were ignored. Even now many years later there are Danish breeders who uses the word french as a negative.
Just lately I heard of a Danish judge at a show abroad faulting some pyrs - in writing - for having too french a head. I know he meant the heads were too narrow, I don't know the dogs involved so I don't know if it is true, but if it is why could he not just have used the word narrow instead of making a fool of himself by showing that he does not know what is correct in France.

Lene Nielsen
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/