From: JGentzel@aol.com [mailto:JGentzel@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 11:22 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bonbelle

In a message dated 4/20/01 9:39:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sandybear@intercity.dk writes:

I saw Bonbelle the only time I have been to the French national ( so far)
and that was back in 1990. Bonbelle was best of opposite sex that year and
looked beautiful. A shame she did not get the credit she deserves in USA,
probably she was/is too different allthough I don't remember her as extreme
in anyway.

She is very French.  Most USA folks do not know what to do with it in their
minds.  Also Bonbelle was not owned by the "in crowd", but folks who knew
what they wanted, had the ability to find it, and once they had it they were
committed and tough enough to endure all the insults and being ignored for
years.  It persists to this day.  Jealousy undoubtedly played a role as it
does always in dogs that are different and win.  Early on Bonbelle went to
the West Coast I believe twice, winning both times (once in USA and once in
Canada) under French Judges.  That did not help her out much with the
disparaging comments as she was still young and not in full maturity.  The
"talking heads" out there simply interpreted her to the masses and the
masses, as usual, gobbled it all up and called it the gospel.  History will
be on the side of Bonbelle and not the "know it all" folks who never saw the
value or knew the difference.  We have Phil and Arlene Oraby who had the guts
and tenacity to persevere in the face of almost total indifference and even
hostility toward Bonbelle to thank for it all.

Joe