Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bonbelle

----- Original Message -----
From: "adyment" <adyment@attcanada.ca>

No doubt there are other French imports that have greatly contributed to
many of the kennels in the US and Canada,>>

Well, why bury a great light under a bushel?  If we are into unrecognized,
how many except Joe and I would recognize the name Nemausa de Font Buis de
la Chenaie?  Nemo was a Canadian Ch. but never shown in the US.  If you
think that things are challenging for French and French type dogs now, the
late 70s early 80s were impossible.  Nemo was, however the dam of at least
10 Candadian champions.  A daughter of hers was BOB from the classes at the
Canadian National Specialty in 1983 under Mansencal.  And the entry was
*very* large. One grandson of hers was BOB at the US national under an
American breeder judge; another grandson won 3 US regional specialites under
French judges; a third grandson was the top winning Pyrenean in Australia.
And her blood flows down the line.  But who remembers her name or salutes
her?  Only those of us who knew her. And she was clearly the best French
import I ever saw.  Granted that I have not seen all of them, but I've seen
a lot.  Yet she remains unhearlded, because she was known, recognized and
admired only in this small part of the world.  And, that is just the way it
is.

Linda