re: re: Re: [pyrnet] Chat: separation anxiety

I really didn't think the Clomicalm was doing anything, but I do think it
took the edge off; they didn't act any differently.
I have used the Ace in several situations with them; they both were mildly
tranquilized while recuperating from surgery.
It really doesn't take much to slow them down; they didn't have to give them
more than one pill twice a day to keep them pretty quiet.  They tried more
than that, but said it made them too groggy so they cut the dose.
I think it's fine if you use the lowest dosage that you can get away with.
That's why it's a good idea to do a few dry runs before you leave them, so
you know about what they need.  They can always give them more if needed.
I only leave the kennel enough for the time I'll be gone (plus a little
extra, in case).  That way, they don't have enough to do any real damage.
But my kennel has been very conservative, they would rather not give it if
they didn't have to.
Karen

I wanted to ask you how the meds worked out when you first used
them. We have never used meds, and never had to kennel Emmett.
We will have to for our summer trip. I worry too much. Mel has
been at the kennel before, but not Emmett. I wanted to leave him
with my Mom, but she can't take them this summer. The trip will
be for a week. The vet said to test the med out before we leave,
but I am worried of how he will act after we are gone. And if
the kennel ups the meds will the dosages be too much? Can those
med hurt him?
Mer