[pyrnet] new owner

Hello everyone.  I wanted to intoduce myself.  My name is Aria and my
husband, Pete,& I adopted a 3 year old Pyr last saturday.  I've had the week
off work, it's been a week of patience and learning.  No one knows the
history of Gus, formerly Nick, as he was found along with about 50 dogs, 18
Pyrs, in 3 buildings.  Gus was one of 5 Pyrs heading to Chicago Rescue.  3
were adopted immediately, and Gus along with Violet were the last at the
Rescue.  Gus has had at least 6 homes that Kathleen from the Rescue is aware
of, starting with the building then shelters, now our home.  To make a long
story short, I'm hoping anyone can share their stories of bringing a Rescued
Pyr into their family.  He's doing well, but very jumpy at any noise.  He
needs to be brought downstairs, his crate is in our bedroom upstairs, to eat
& go outside.  He needs to gain at least 20 pounds, and the yogurt with the
food trick didn't last long.  Now we're trying Mighty Dog mixed with the dry
to get him to eat and gain some weight.  He ate about 5 cups tonight,
finally, after moving the food to the dining room.  He's defintely a lover
and protector, but needs time to adjust to his new home.  Any words of
wisdom and stories would be nice.
Hope to chat with you all soon,
Aria