[pyrnet] Specialty

My husband and I were able to spend a half day at the Speciality in Andover last Wednesday.  What a thrill!  We have not been to many shows - maybe 4 all breed shows - and what a difference the specialty was.  For one thing, the dogs seemed to be having a good time!  It was so marvelous to be surrounded by a continuous flow of large white beauties...and seeing so many 'famous' pyr breeders/owners/handlers - and dogs - we only knew from books and from this list.  When I was able to be calm enough to sit down, I was sitting on the edge of my seat!  And the French dogs were there!  You could pick them out right away - and to my untrained eyes they were very marvelous, very different (some said too different!  I heard the "B" word ((Borzoi...)) and certainly full of energy.   And I was able to see our boy's litter sister for the first time since she was five weeks old; what a beautiful girl, what a sweet face!  It was hot outside but cool indoors, except for the handlers, who looked drenched.  One poor dog looked like he might had placed high in his/her class but kept refusing to run around the ring for the judge; the judge kept sending the handler out to try again, but with the same result... that dog just wasn't into winning that day.  Everyone was very friendly and it was a pure pleasure to be there.  I only wish I could have seen Bonbelle and watched the Open class to see the French dogs win.  I am still excited!  Please forgive the gushing..