Re: [pyrnet]Reply/Hi,I'm new here

Sariena, I am totally impressed with your thinking on this matter.  So
rare to find anyone who takes the time to work any of this out on behalf
of the dog.  I agree with you totally on the need to protect your
children, but I admire you for acknowledging that this whole thing was
not as cut and dried as it might appear.  Nor was the dog being as
aggressive as it would be easy to think.  It seems you have done your
homework well on both conditions in this dogs life, prior to, and in
finding help for him later.  I have spoken out many times to the effect
that a dog may impose  a correction that may injure tender human flesh
without ever meaning for it to be an attack, it is a correction, in the
dogs mind.  The same treatment correcting another dog would not leave a
mark.  The object shouldn't be to put the dog down, but to find out what
happened ( which you did ) and try to find another solution to avoid any
more miscommunication! I also like that you were able to see his
restraint in how he could have handled it.  He made a mistake, your
attempting to help him find better ways to handle a problem.   Frankly I
am impressed, and I'd like to thank you for taking that time on Zeus's
behalf!  Sounds to me like you know exactly what your doing dog wise!
Again, welcome to the list! :-)  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas