Re: [pyrnet]Reply/Hi,I'm new here

What did the breeder say about this?  Have you contacted any other owners of
littermates to see if they have any similar problems.  Has the breeder ever
seen this in Parents or other related offspring?

If scratches on the face from his teeth are some indicator of "he showed
great bite inhibition" what level of injury will indicate that the dog does
not show "great bite inhibition"?  Maybe you got lucky this one time?  Maybe
the child got out of the way and removed itself from the imminent danger
enough that the dog ceased the attack.

This subject has been thoroughly and very emotionally discussed on this list
a couple times.  No opinions are ever changed facing as many as 40 stitches
in a young girls face (The dog must have done something to cause it).

If you find a thyroid problem that causes the problem that is simple.  If
your trainer says the dog is cured, will you ever feel comfortable.  Why not
consider placing this dog somewhere where there are not venerable children?
This dog might be a very good guardian on a farm.  As someone said, there are
many great dogs that need and deserve a home and are not a mortal threat to
our children.

I say this having bred since 1972.  I have six children (all freely raised
with the dogs) and have about 30 dogs in residence.  So I certainly have no
problem with Children and our dogs, but the speed, strength, and damage our
dogs can do is frightening.  They are very effective against very ferocious
animals.  Us humans, especially our children, stand no change against an
emotionally sick dog.

Joe