Re: [pyrnet]Reply/ Joe

Title: Re: [pyrnet]Reply/ Joe
----------
How did you find the initially? Cannot you go back to their house?
-
Did they are no longer there, not listed in any of the area codes in Ontario either.
happened in utero, some trauma he had as a young pup etc. >>
Yes, and just a likely not. Right?
-Right, he said "possible" causes
More than likely then
you could not explain away the unacceptable behavior of the dog. Pyrs do not
attack children.
-
I don't feel as though I'm "explaining away" anything, I know there's a problem and I'm doing everything possible to fix the problem. Including asking for this list info.

Pyrs do not attack children. The younger the less likely this is to happen.
-Is this not a contradiction, "they do not" or they are "less likely" to?
Obviously some Pyr's do. I know this is not the norm however, nor is it the norm in most breeds, but I think you forget (do to you wonderful love of the breed) That a Pyr is a canine, and all canines have the potential through circumstances, to become their wild ancestors.
I just wanted to know if this is a growing problem with Pyrs as it seems to be with Golden's and other "Good family dog's", and maybe get some support and advice from some people with first hand knowledge of the breed.
<<Have you not witnessed another dog correcting a pup for something? >>
You equate this to a correction? Not!!
-
Well I didn't come up with this conclusion on my own, I have had several behaviorists advice on "Children and Dogs" and how dogs see them as pack members.
If it was not, why are you concerned then at all? Why
have you invited us to give you our experience in such things?
-Again, I wanted insight and support from experts of the particular breed, insight on the mind of Pyr's as each breed of dog has their own quirks.
If you feel the
dog is that dangerous, why are we having this discussion at all. Is dog is
so dangerous you could never allow it the most remote possibility of being
around any other children, but you can guarantee you will never have any
circumstance occur that the child is ever with the dog again out of your
sight?
-No, I think that it was you and some others who feel the dog should not come home to be with my children, and if you feel that way about my children, how can giving him to someone else protect the children he might meet in the future? That is what I meant.
Your story of the Pyr's you own was very informative, thank you, but it just reinforces the fact that IF Zeus considers my children to be lower pack mates, then he would feel the right to correct them, as your older dog did to the younger one.
It it his perception of my kids being lower pack mates and not humans to be respected, that I think we need to change. To teach him that he has no right to correct them. Don't you?
Respectfully,
Sariena Foley